Wednesday 8 April 2015

Jehovah Jireh



This is last night's post, but I have only just got connected to wifi in the diocesan office.

Today was a long day! I was running on about 3 hours sleep before getting a flight to Arua. We got on this tiny little plane at Entebbe which could hold about 15 people and our luggage was literally fitted in around our seats! It was in huge contrast to the Boeing 767 I got on yesterday, and I have to admit I was praying hard during part of that journey.

Anyway, I arrived at the airstrip in Arua shortly after 10am. Getting off the plane I began to panic about how I would know who would pick me and what might I do if no one picks me up?! I decided my best plan was to look around the crowd of locals gathered for a clerical collar. Sure enough I spotted the collar and was swiftly met by a warm smile and handshake from Canon Isaac. He and Richard (director of the vocational training centre) dropped me off at ‘Jehovah Jireh’ Guesthouse, where Grace soon got me sorted with a room and meal of rice and veg.After all the travelling and stress, I have never been so glad to see a sign saying 'Jehovah Jireh', God truely does provide!

Everyone has been so friendly so far but I was so delighted to meet Rev. Alice who I will be working closely with.  We chatted for a while and discovered how similar our outlooks are on many things and she told me more about the itinery. I’m so excited to work alongside Alice with her incredible passion for ministry.

I had a wee afternoon nap and wakened to the sound of the kids playing in the school right next door and also the sound of a couple of goats bleating (or whatever it is that goats do!) right outside my bedroom window, I spent time reading and generally chilling out in preparation for the mammoth few weeks ahead.

Tomorrow Alice will call for me to show me how to get to the diocesan office, for future reference. Synod is taking place here so the office will be pretty empty for the morning which will hopefully allow me time to get connected to wifi (to post this) and also start gathering thoughts for some of the talks, sermons and bible studies I will be delivering at some point. I hope to meet up with Lynne Cook, an English missionary here, who has offered to help get me sorted with Ugandan shillings and a Ugandan sim card.

So, I and my luggage have managed to travel almost 5000 miles so far without either of us getting lost or damaged. I’m impressed! To God be the glory!

Danielle x

2 comments:

  1. Great to read your blog. He is ahead preparing a place for you no doubt. Every blessing. C.carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this....go get 'em Dibs! Be bold ♥

    Carley xx

    ReplyDelete