Monday 6 April 2015

With love from Uganda

Well I've made it to Uganda and I'm writing this post from a gorgeous wee guest house not far from the airport. This will be short and sweet as I have to be up in about 5 hours for my flight to Arua.

As the plane began it's descent into Entebbe tonight and touched down, in all honesty I had an overwhelming feeling of 'What on earth am I doing here? How am I going to cope'. I am not the adventurous type and I don't like going places on my own. I can hardly get a bus from Belfast to Dublin. I'm not that well experienced in ministry and I'm about to rock up to a cathedral to work for 3 weeks. I am unequipped and unprepared and I have no great gifts to offer to the people of Uganda. This might be the most ridiculous decision I have ever made. I've been reminded over the past 24 hours though, that God chooses to put treasure in clay jars. He uses ordinary everyday people to accomplish his puposes. When he does that, we truely know it is the work of God. I'm excited to be the ordinary, unequipped, unskilled jar of clay if He is willing to let me carry his treasure to the people here.

He has been so faithful in getting me here, I have no doubt He will continue to be faithful in the weeks ahead.

Good night all!

with love from Uganda,
Danielle x


No comments:

Post a Comment